【以之为诺】梦追人 | 旧照片·有意义的摇摆

以之为诺2019-02-11 15:20:40

Rock Me To Sleep


By Elizabeth Akers Allen

                   

                 

     Backward,turn backward,O Time,in your flight
噢,流逝的时光,后退,向后退
Make me a child again just for tonight!
就只是今夜, 让我做回纯真小孩!
Mother,come back from the echoless shore,
妈妈,从没有回音的海岸回来
Take me again to your heart as of yore
一如往昔把我拥入怀里
Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care
亲吻我额头时那充满关怀的皱纹
Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair
顺理我头上乱糟糟的银色发丝

Over my slumbers your loving watch keep
在我熟睡时,一直怜爱地望着我
Rock me to sleep, mother,rock me to sleep!
摇我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Backward,flow backward,O tide of the years!
噢,岁月的潮汐,后退,向后退!
I am so weary of toil and of tears,—
我己厌倦於辛劳与眼泪
Toil without recompense,tears all in vain
辛劳而无补偿,眼泪徒流而无助


Take them,and give me my childhood again
都拿去吧,只要回到我童年
I have grown weary of dust and decay
我已经厌倦了尘埃与腐败
Weary of flinging my soul-wealth away
厌倦於丢失我的精神财富
Weary of sowing for others to reap
厌倦於为他人作出嫁衣裳
Rock me to sleep,mother rock me to sleep!
摇我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Tired of the hollow,the base,the untrue
厌倦於空洞,卑鄙,不真实
Mother,O mother,my heart calls for you!
妈妈,噢,妈妈,我的心在呼唤您!
Many a summer the grass has grown green
多少个夏天,草长绿了
Blossomed and faded,our faces between
花开了,凋谢了,在你我之间
Yet,with strong yearning and passionate pain
然而,强烈的愿望,激情的痛苦
Long I tonight for your presence again
让我今夜渴望再见到您的出现
Come from the silence so long and so deep
来自沉默,那么久远,那么深沉
Rock me to sleep, mother,rock me to sleep!
搖我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Come, let your brown hair,just lighted with gold
来吧,让您的棕发,闪闪发光
Fall on your shoulders again as of old
一如往昔落在您的肩膀


Let it drop over my forehead tonight
让它落在我额头,今夜
Shading my faint eyes away from the light
护我微弱的眼晴,不让光线照到
For with its sunny-edged shadows once more
再一次,这个边缘充满柔光的身影
Happly will throng the sweet visions of yore
无意中又撩起昔日甜蜜的愿景
Lovingly, softly, its bright billows sweep
深情地,轻柔地,您明亮的发丝,波光粼粼
Rock me to sleep, mother, – rock me to sleep!
搖我入眠,妈妈,摇我入眠!
Mother, dear mother, the years have been long
妈妈,自我最后一次听您的摇篮曲
Since I last listened your lullaby song
我亲爱的妈妈,已经过去那么多年了
Sing, then, and unto my soul it shall seem
那么,唱吧,唱到我心灵深处
Womanhood’s years have been only a dream.
让扮演妇人的岁月,只是场梦
Clasped to your heart in a loving embrace
将我紧靠您的心,作个爱的拥抱
With your light lashes just sweeping my face
您的睫毛轻轻,扫过我的面庞
Never hereafter to wake or to weep—
从今而后不再醒来或哭泣
Rock me to sleep, mother– rock me to sleep!
摇我入眠, 妈妈, 摇我入眠…

               



Sonnets From The Portugeuse XIV 


By Elizabeth Barrett Browning 



If thou must love me, let it be for nought

如果你一心要爱我,那就别为了什么,
Except for love's sake only. Do not say
只是为了爱才爱我。别这么讲:
'I love her for her smile--her look--her way
“我爱她,为了她的一笑,她的模样,
Of speaking gently,--for a trick of thought
她柔语的声气;为了她这感触
That falls in well with mine, and certes brought
正好合我的心意,那天里,的确
A sense of pleasant ease on such a day'
给我带来满怀的喜悦和舒畅。”

For these things in themselves, Beloved, may

亲爱的,这些好处都不能持常,
Be changed, or change for thee,--and love, so wrought,
会因你而变,而这样唱出的爱曲
May be unwrought so. Neither love me for
也将这样哑寂。也别爱我因为你
Thine own dear pity's wiping my cheeks dry,
又怜又惜地给我揩干了泪腮,
A creature might forget to weep, who bore
一个人会忘了哭泣,当她久受你
Thy comfort long, and lose thy love thereby!
温柔的慰安──却因此失了你的爱。
But love me for love's sake, that evermore
爱我,请只是为了那爱的意念,
Thou mayst love on, through love's eternity
那你就能继续地爱,爱我如深海。




 





本栏目往期回顾:


【以之为诺】采风少女| 在那山野上,画下Do Re Mi 


【以之为诺】小提琴少女|让我像森林一样做你的诗琴 


【以之为诺】渔人码头 | 做一个严肃追光者 


【以之为诺】梦追人 | 行路少女·远い约束 



图:Yager-Chow

创意:凉圆的兄弟